Take an adults-only walking tour through Amsterdam’s Red Light District accompanied by a guide. Visit the Museum of Prostitution and stroll narrow streets, such as Zeedijk, as you explore ‘De Wallen’ in safety. Discover the history of this centuries-old profession while you walk past the windows and learn the function of the red lights.
Highlights of the tour
- Amsterdam Red Light District tour
- 2-hour escorted walking tour through Amsterdam’s Red Light District
- Visit to the Museum of Prostitution
- Enlightening insights into the oldest profession in the world
- Safely escorted by a reliable local guide
Why to chose it?
This tour shares the history of the area’s sex trade in a welcoming environment perfect for solo travelers wary about exploring on their own. At the Museum of Prostitution, check out the second-story red-light window, which garners glances from pedestrians outside.
What you can expect?
Amsterdam Walking Tour of The Red Light District Rather than the shady bars and disreputable clientele of centuries past, Amsterdam’s once-dangerous Red Light District has today found a resurgence as a welcoming destination filled with friendly pubs and restaurants.
Meet your guide in central Amsterdam in the late evening for a walking tour of the Red Light District, known in Dutch as De Wallen. While you stroll through a network of narrow streets, including Zeedijk — once a well-known spot for sailors seeking night amusements — listen as your guide shares insights about the district.
Start with a visit to the Museum of Prostitution, where you can take a peek behind the scenes of the world’s oldest profession. See displays that include costumes and props used from the past to the present.
During your 2-hour tour, have a look at the exteriors of some 300 ‘kamers,’ or cabins, where you might catch a glimpse behind glass windows illuminated with red lights.
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Entrance fees to Museum of Prostitution
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour is intended for adults only. You must be at least 18 years or older to participate in this tour. You will be required to provide identification verifying your birth date at the start of the tour. By offering this tour through its website, Viator and its affiliates shall not be construed as facilitating the purchase, sale, use or distribution of illegal substances. Viator and its affiliates do not condone the use of illegal substances.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.